President Higgins marked the International Day for the Eradication of Violence Against Women
The President’s address to Women’s Aid is part of a series of events at which the President has highlighted the serious issue of gender based violence.
In his address, the President reflected on the many campaigns he and Sabina participated in over the years, saying that the pursuit of equality for all citizens cannot be complete as long as there continue to be thousands of women and men who must live in fear of unprovoked violence in their own homes.
- President hosts reception to mark International Women’s Day 2020
- President hosts the International Women’s Club of Dublin marking International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- President and Sabina host a Garden Party promoting Gender Equality and Respect for all
- President and Sabina Higgins visit the Aoibhneas women’s refuge centre
- President and Sabina visit Shankill Women’s Centre
- President attends an event to mark the 10th anniversary of the Irish Consortium on Gender Based Violence