H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic, Prokopios Pavlopoulos, is undertaking a State Visit to Ireland, at the invitation of President Michael D. Higgins.
The State Visit follows on from President Higgins’ State Visit to Greece, in February 2018, and serves to highlight the excellent political, economic and historical relations between Ireland and the Hellenic Republic and to further strengthen the ties of friendship between the two countries.
The State Visit began with a ceremonial welcome at Áras an Uachtaráin, followed by a bilateral meeting between the two Heads of State.
In the evening, President and Sabina Higgins hosted a State Dinner in honour of President Pavlopoulos and Ms. Vlassia Pavlopoulou-Peltsemi.
Read the statement from President Higgins about the meeting here.
- President attends meeting of Arraiolos Group of EU Presidents, 2019
- Athens Declaration adopted by the Heads of State participating in the 15th Arraiolos Group Meeting, 2019
- President delivers Aristotle Lecture, 2019
- ‘Of Greece and Ireland – an ancient and enduring relationship full of new possibilities’: President gives keynote speech at the University of Athens, 2018
- President and Sabina visit Eleonas Refugee Camp, 2018
- President attends working dinner of four Heads of State, 2018
- President addresses the European University Institute, Florence, 2018