President Higgins addressed the “Closing the Revolving Door” conference, which focuses on the over-representation of Travellers in the Irish prison system.
The conference brings together Travellers, Traveller activists, policymakers, and staff in the prison service, Probation Service and other agencies with a remit across all stages of the criminal justice system.
- President marks International Traveller & Roma Day (2021)
- President receives representatives of the National Traveller Mental Health Network (2020)
- President presents Gaisce Gold Awards November (2019)
- Presidents attends the 50th Anniversary Conference of Prisoners Aid through Community Effort (2019)
- President receives representatives from the Irish Prison Service and Gaisce, the President’s Award (2019)
- President attends the 10th Anniversary of the Samaritans’ Listener Scheme (2018)
- President officially opens an exhibition entitled “Travellers Journey” (2018)
- President visits event marking the anniversary of Traveller ethnicity (2018)
- Members of Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre present the President with an ethnicity pin (2017)
- President gives an address at the Cork Alliance Conference (2016)
- President attends an event celebrating 30 years of Pavee Point (2015)
- President receives Ballyfermot Traveller Action Project Development Education Group (2012)