On 1 May 2020, President Michael D. Higgins published a new poem for May Day.
The poem was dedicated to Mary McPartlan, folk singer and trade union activist, and friend of Sabina and President Higgins. Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, the President could not attend her funeral in April 2020.
Published on the day that the President addressed a virtual May Day event hosted by SIPTU, the poem paid tribute to the trade union movement.
- President Higgins marks May Day (2021)
- President addresses Fórsa conference on challenges in the workplace during Covid-19 (2020)
- President and Sabina host a reception to mark May Day (2019)
- ·President speaks at the Congress of the European Federation of Public Service Unions (2019)
- President and Sabina unveil ‘The Plough and the Stars’ (2018)
- President officially opens a new Employment Action Service (2017)
- “The Future of Work” – President delivers the Edward Phelan Lecture (2015)
- ‘Remembering the 1913 Lockout (2013)
- ‘The Task of Remembering the Lockout of 1913’ (2013)
- President unveils a tapestry to commemorate the centenary of the 1913 Lockout (2012)