Sabina Higgins lent her support to an initiative by Sligo University Hospital to help breastfeeding mothers to get off to a better start.
The antenatal education team in Sligo University Hospital are distributing Colostrum Harvesting Packs to pregnant women as a way to increase breastfeeding initiation rates. The packs contain storage syringes, labels and an information leaflet with a link to an information video. The video instructs women on how to hand express, collect and store colostrum which is so beneficial for newborn health.
- President and Sabina address webinar marking National Breastfeeding Week (2021)
- Sabina opens Pavee Point event marking National Breastfeeding Week (2021)
- President meets Dr Liz O’Sullivan, from Baby Feeding Law Group Ireland (BFLGI)
- Latching On morning 2019
- Latching On morning 2018
- Latching On morning, 2017
- Latching On morning, 2016
- Latching On morning, 2015