President Michael D. Higgins formally opened the annual 'Bloom' show in Dublin's Phoenix Park.
The President is Patron of the festival, which attracts over 100,000 visitors each year.
The President visited a number of show gardens and delivered a speech to formally open the festival.
Speaking at the 2014 show, the President said Bloom encourages people to play their part in making our living habits and environment more sustainable and that the festival "provides a unique opportunity for gardeners, horticulturists, and landscape designers across Ireland to meet and publicise their produce, creations and skills."
To find out more about how the gardens at the Áras are cared for, you can watch this video: The Head Gardener
- Statement from President Higgins on National Biodiversity Day (May 2020)
- President Higgins initiates biodiversity survey to identify ways to protect plant and animal life around Áras an Uachtaráin (February 2020)
- President marks UN International Year of Plant Health 2020 with a tree planting ceremony (January 2020)
- Áras an Uachtaráin to undertake biodiversity study (November 2019)
- President opens the Phoenix Park Biodiversity Festival and Honey Show (September 2019)
- World Bee Day 2019 (May 2019)
- President’s address at the National Biodiversity Conference (February 2019)
- President performs the official opening of Bloom 2018 (May 2018)
- President visits Cabragh Wetlands Trust to open new centre and visit the wetlands (May 2018)
- President performs the official opening of Bloom 2017 (June 2017)
- President visits Abbeyleix to mark Biodiversity Week (May 2017)
- President performs the official opening of Bloom (June 2016)