President Michael D Higgins was among those who paid their respects to the politician John Hume, at his funeral mass.
John Hume was one of the most important figures in the recent political history of Ireland. You can read the President’s statement paying tribute to John Hume here.
- President addresses a conference to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement (2018)
- President delivers keynote address at the Civil Society Human Rights Forum (2018)
- President delivers the 2018 Annual Harri Holkeri Lecture (2018)
- Garden Party for Members of the Oireachtas and Northern Ireland Legislative Assembly (2014)
- President delivers the 2012 British Council Annual Lecture (2012)