President Higgins, who is Patron of the Ana Liffey Drug Project, welcomed the organisation’s CEO, Mr. Tony Duffin, to Áras an Uachtaráin.
Since its establishment in 1982, the Ana Liffey Drug Project has provided harm reduction services to individuals who are experiencing problem substance use.
- President visits the Cornmarket Project, to celebrate the initiative’s 20th Anniversary (2019)
- President and Sabina visit Hope House Addiction Treatment Centre (2018)
- President attends Liberty Freedom from Addiction programme award ceremony (2017)
- President opens the City Wide Drugs Crisis Campaign 20th Anniversary Conference (2015)
- President officially opens a new facility for the Finglas Addiction Support Team (2012)