President Higgins and Sabina visited the residents and staff at Carraig Eden in Greystones.
Click on the Video tab for more information.
Originally two semi-detached homes, the two premises became the ‘Christian Endeavour’ holiday home in 1936. Since 2009 the building has been used as a transitional housing project, providing a home for people exiting rehabilitation.
Owned by Wicklow County Council, the building is managed by the organisation Tiglin, which provides housing for people who have completed a rehabilitation programme.
Tiglin staff support the residents to assist in their recovery.
- President visits The Cavan Centre (2020)
- President visits the Cornmarket Project, to celebrate the initiative’s 20th Anniversary (2019)
- President and Sabina visit Hope House Addiction Treatment Centre (2018)
- President attends Liberty Freedom from Addiction programme award ceremony (2017)
- President opens the City Wide Drugs Crisis Campaign 20th Anniversary Conference (2015)
- President officially opens a new facility for the Finglas Addiction Support Team (2012)