To facilitate the continuance of diplomatic relations during the current Covid-19 public health restrictions, arrangements were made for the following Ambassadors to present their Letters of Credence to President Michael D. Higgins at Áras an Uachtaráin, through an Administrative Procedure, their Excellencies:
- Ms. Karen Mae Hill, Ambassador of Antigua and Barbuda;
- Mr. Mohammad Jaafar Al-Sadr, Ambassador of the Republic of Iraq;
- Mr. Thuan Kuan Lim, Ambassador of the Republic of Singapore;
- Mr. Kan Pharidh, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- Mr. Desra Percaya, Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia;
- Mr Vanja Filipovic, Ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Dr. Farahanaz Faizal, Ambassador of the Republic of Maldives;
- Mr. Marcel Fortuna Biato, Ambassador of the Federative Republic of Brazil.
In the normal course of diplomatic relations, the President would welcome the Ambassadors to present Credentials in person. Given the current restrictions on international travel and gatherings, an Administrative Procedure has been introduced so as to facilitate the Ambassadors in taking up their duties promptly.
President Higgins has indicated that, when circumstances allow, he would be delighted to welcome the Ambassadors to Áras an Uachtaráin in person to discuss their forthcoming period as Ambassador to Ireland.